Terms of Usage
Updated: 7 May 2016
The term "Tutor Central" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Any services that we provide on this website is provided on an as is basis. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We are not liable and responsible for any services that tutors provide or promise to provide on our website. Students, parents and general public who use the information provided by tutors on their profile page or anywhere on this website do so at their own discretion and judgement. We are not responsible for any false information provided by tutors.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Republic of Singapore.
- The term 'tutors' refers to any individual who has registered a tutor account with us.
- To register as a tutor, you must be at least 18 years old. Registration is free. However, we reserve all rights to reject your registration.
- You are liable for all activities that are done using their account. Therefore you are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your account details such as login username and password and for restricting access to your computer.
- You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other security breach. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your account or any other security breach.
- You are to submit and maintain correct information in your profile. However, you should not include any contact details such as email address, website address, and contact number in your public viewable profile page (the tutor page). We are not and will not be responsible for public usage (or misuse) of information that you submit to public viewable profile.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tutor Central, its affiliates, and its and their respective owners, investors, contractors, officers, managers, partners, third-party advertisers, technology and service providers from and against any loss, damage, cost, or liability resulting from or relating in any way to a third-party claim, demand, action or proceeding that arises out of your usage of this website, including but not limited to your use or misuse of the site and your content forming part of the website.
- We do not provide matching service for tutors looking for students and vice versa. Any service that we provide is provided on an as is basis.
- Currently, we do not charge for our services, but we reserve the right to charge fees in the future. Tutor Central reserves the right to edit or remove contents and to terminate accounts.
For Students and Parents
- The term 'students' refers to any individual who has registered a student account with us.
- The term 'parents' refers to any individual who has registered a parent account with us.
- To register as a student, you must be at least 13 years old. To register as a parent, you must be at least 18 years old. Registration is free. However, we reserve all rights to reject your registration.
- We are not a tuition agent. Tutors who advertise on our website are responsible for their own content and services. We provide a listing of tutors who have signed up with us as free advertising service only. We do not provide matching service for customers looking for tutors and vice versa. You are responsible to choose and contact tutors on your own.
- While we strife to maintain accurate information about tutors, neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of data that is submitted by tutors.
- We do not endorse any tutors nor provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance and quality of the services provided by tutors.
- We are not and shall not be liable for any dispute arising between tutors and customers on any matter. You must settle any transaction and agreement between you and tutors yourself.